Sunday, December 20, 2009

Who put the bomp...

I wonder....
Who the very first person was who thought “I'm going to cut out a big “D” and a picket fence and spell defense at the next game.
Who decided “You know what? I've been sitting for a while , I'm going to get up and stretch after the top of the seventh inning” and how it caught on.
How “Boo” became a negative term to shout at opposing teams. Were the first people to shout “Boo” at their opponents trying to scare them?
Who made up chanting “let's go _____ clap, clap, clapclap clap” and had the guts to shout it out loud hoping somebody would join in. And would it have caught on as well if it were clap, clapidy clap clap instead?
Who the first fan was that just couldn't contain themselves after a huge win and decided to rush the field. Did they act alone, or did they talk a few friends into doing it too, just in case it didn't go so well?
Who was that man, I'd like to shake his hand 'cause he made me fall in love with sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment