Friday, October 16, 2009

Derby Practice

So I emailed AZ Roller Derby to learn more about their fitness membership which is for beginners and you get to skate and practice so that one day you might be good enough to join the derby. Apparently there was not enough interest to get the fitness membership going, but they invited me to come to a practice to check it out and I could ask questions. I went to a practice and it was awesome. It was so neat to see the girls (and a couple random guys) practice. They start out warming up and skating then they do drills and practice their speed skating. After that, they scrimmage and you get a sense of what goes on in a game. I don't really know the rules very well, so it was a bit confusing but it looked like a lot of fun. The girls were super nice too. I talked to a couple of them and they were very welcoming and answered all my questions.
Have I found my new calling?.....We'll have to see, but I totally want to go get some skates and pads, so I can go to the next new girl practice. If anything I'll get some good exercise. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment